Who is Central Plateau Cleanup Company (CPCCo)?
Contract Central Plateau Cleanup Company (CPCCo) is an Amentum-led partnership with Fluor and Atkins – three internationally respected companies with deep experience in environmental cleanup across the DOE complex, including Hanford.
In December 2019, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) awarded CPCCo a contract to conduct safe, secure, compliant and cost-effective environmental cleanup of select portions of the Hanford site. The contract is valued at $10 billion over a 10-year period. Under its contract, CPCCo is providing:
- Management of site operations for DOE-Richland cleanup facilities
- Facility Deactivation, Decommissioning, Decontamination and Demolition and waste site remediation
- Transuranic waste management
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)/Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) decision documents to support cleanup actions associated with the Hanford Federal Facility Agreement and Consent Order
- Business core functions to support these efforts
Early efforts are focused on gaining DOE and regulator alignment on the ultimate vision, refocusing the site culture to enhance progress, transforming the skyline, reducing site risk and liability and shrinking overall lifecycle costs and schedule.
Five initiatives drive CPCCo’s strategy:
- “Off the River in 5” – Completing River Corridor
- “10 in 5” – Completing the Outer Area in five years
- Inner Area Risk Reduction
- PFP Area – Done. Done.
- Accelerated Waste Dispositioning
Our goal is to be the safest, best-performing, most respected cleanup contractor in the DOE complex. Our team has been specially assembled to successfully deliver work on the Hanford Plateau. We embrace a closure mentality where we are empowered to make decisions to deliver the cleanup mission to our DOE customer. As part of DOE’s One Hanford concept, CPCCo will work closely with other site contractors to provide a collaborative, integrated approach to cleanup and risk reduction.
Visit our Job Opportunities website to explore opportunities at CPCCo!
Why should you work for CPCCo?
At CPCCo, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges in their careers. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, and a broad range and depth of expertise on our team, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive.
If you share our commitment to doing what's best for the environment, enjoy working in teams and hold yourself to the highest ethical standards, you'll fit right in.
CPCCo's community commitments aim to bring the next generation of workers to Hanford and enhance a healthy quality of life and diversity in our community.
Our giving policy focuses on building a highway of talent to Hanford with an emphasis that includes educating K-12 learning institutions on STEM/trade skills, as well as college and apprenticeship programs that emphasize future Hanford worker possibilities at Hanford.
We have a very giving workforce, so we focus our partnering and volunteering where we can make the most impact for next generation workers and quality of life in our community.